Key research areas
Ontogeny and plasticity of the organs, Optimization of rearing protocols, Study of different behavioral patterns
For the study of fish behaviour the facilities are equipped with:
- 44 indoor tanks of various capacities (0.05, 0.2, 0.5 and 17 m3) connected with Recirculating Aquaculture System (RAS), in which the abiotic conditions are fully controlled.
- 6 outdoor tanks of 5 m3.
- Cameras and video recording system which are placed above the rearing tanks and/or in the water column in order to record fish activity.
- Oxygen monitoring with automatic adjustment.
- Self-feeders connected with sensors which record the fish feeding activity.
- Two dry laboratories equipped with microscopes and PCs for video and image analysis.
We study the behaviour of fish in response to different stimuli (visual, tactile or acoustic), and under different conditions (hierarchy, density, escape, etc).