Genetics & Molecular Biotechnology Laboratory
Key research areas
Functional and comparative genomics, Population genetics and phylogeography, environmental genomics, biotechnology, marine biodiversity
+30 2810 337825
A state-of-the-art laboratory supports the genetic and genomic research conducted in IMBBC, but also other laboratories from HCMR. It also supports research of other academic institutions in Greece and abroad, accommodating PhD and MSc students, as well as users of Transnational Access (TA) projects.
The lab is coupled with the DNA Sequencing facility of IMBBC.
- 3 Real Time thermal cyclers
- 6 thermal cyclers (PCR machines), (MJ Research, BIORAD)
- Robotic workstation for automated purification of DNA, RNA, or proteins (QIAcube)
- Photometers (QuantiFluor™-ST, Nanodrop 1000, and other)
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer
- Laminar flow cabinet (Telstar Bio-IIa)
- Gel electrophoresis and gel documentation system
- Standard laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, autoclaves, speed-vac, deep freezers, ovens, water baths, pH meters, etc.
This facility is part of the following Research Infrastructures and Transnational Access projects: